The Elsom Motorsport Car
Fibreglass front end, boot lid and doors, Lexan Glass throughout, Carbon fibre rear airfoil/wing on oval chromemoly struts (fully adjustable)
Weld racing spindle mount front wheels on Lamb Engineering lightweight front legs, Weld racing 15″x15″ rear wheels.
Jerry Bickel Ford 9″ rear axle with bracings and Mark Williams aluminium centre section. 4.30:1 gear ratio.
Race Pak sc1000 Data logger recording information of a run including:
- 8 Exhaust Gas Temp (EGT)
- Engine RPM
- Clutch Output RPM
- Gearbox Output RPM
- Wheel speed
- Nitrous Oxide System pressure
- Fuel pressure (carburettors)
- Fuel pressure (N2O)
Engine and Drivetrain:
- Chevrolet Big Block 461 cubic inch built to Super Modified regulations originally by Rob Loaring at ICE Automotive Race Engines and recently freshened by Super Modified champion Andy Hone.
- Aluminium con rods.
- Custom forged pistons.
- Aluminium heads (big bodies)
- Tunnel ram.
- Twin 1050cfm dominators.
- Fabricated aluminium oil sump.
- External oil pump drive with Morosso Accusump.
- Jessel belt drive.
- Morosso vacuum pump.
- Digital MSD.
- Gearbox is a 4 speed manual Lenco Transmission with Hayes 2 disc clutch.
- Engine produces approx 768 horse power normally aspirated , approx 1180 horse power with N2O activated.
We are expecting to be able to run into the mid-to-low 7 second range in the quarter mile….. with more experience with the car and tuning we hope to be even quicker.
Originally bought and imported by Tony Rose in the early 1990′s it has been campaigned succesfully in multiple classes.